Thursday, June 13, 2013

Lesson Ideas: Colorful Book reviews




Looking for more colorful books to read to your students? Here are some ideas:


This book is once again about mixing the primary colors. I found this book to be a lesser version of mouse paint, and it was rather silly. The kids said they enjoyed it though. So it would work well for a post-mouse paint read. Link to this book on slideshare!

Everyone loves Leo Lionni. This simple story would be best for K students, as it concerns mostly color identification. I could see this book leading to a cute chameleon project (Lesson idea on chameleons coming soon!) with pastels, watercolor, or tissue paper.
Another color mixing book! While I admit I haven't read the whole thing, peeking inside on amazon tells me this could be a great post-mouse paint review book! I am already getting ideas on using transparent viewfinders i found in my classroom to demonstrate the effects of layering colors. I think this could lead to a great lesson using layered tissue paper...or even acting out the color dance with a performance art piece!


No comments:

Post a Comment